Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Lance's Pasta

I've been doing a lot of baking lately, and have been asked for a lot of the recipes so I decided to start a blog. I figured this way I'll be able to share the recipes I find, and if I lose the recipe myself then I'll have a place to look. Tonight for dinner I just threw a bunch of stuff that we already had together and popped it in the oven. Lance said it was a keeper so I thought I'd type out how I made it so I can look back in the future. I shall call it "Lance's Pasta."

4 boneless chicken breasts (I only used 2 and it needed more)
1 bag noodles (I used macaroni because that's what I had)
1 jar marinara sauce (The one I used was 3 cheese)
1/2 cup seasoned Italian breadcrumbs (I only used 1/4 and I thought it could use more)
3/4 pound of cheese (I had jack so that's what I used, but mozzarella probably would have been better)
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp Oregano
Olive Oil
1/4-1/2 cup baby bella mushrooms, chopped

1. Cube the chicken into small bite sized pieces and cook in a skillet with olive oil. While that's cooking, cook noodles according to package directions then drain. Saute the mushrooms in olive oil. Add noodles, chicken, and mushrooms to a 9x13 casserole dish.

2. To the mixture add the Italian seasoning, oregano, the marinara sauce, and about 1/2 the cheese. Stir to combine.

3. Top with the remaining cheese and the breadcrumbs.
4. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment